Effective Date: February 27th, 2018
Huckleberry is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- “Services” means any and all insurance brokerage services, and related services and promotions, provided by Huckleberry, including support services.
- “User” means any person or entity who accesses or uses the Website or Services in any manner. References to “access” and/or “use” (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website, and accessing or using the Services.
- “Website” means any and all websites owned or operated by Huckleberry (including the website currently located at www.huckleberry.com), through which access to Huckleberry's insurance brokerage services are available. References to the "Website" include any and all related features, functionality, tools, and content of such website(s).
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
- COOKIES AND BEACONS
- YOUR CHOICES
- SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- INTERNATIONAL JURISDICTIONS
- CONTACT US
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you generate a quote, register for an account, use the Services, purchase an insurance policy, update your e-mail preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Website, or contact us with questions or comments about the Website.
We may also collect information about you if a company or organization authorizes you to manage its account or use our Website on its behalf.
We may ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers and financial information, including in connection to payments). Please do not provide any sensitive information that is not specifically requested. For example, we will not request, and you may not submit, any Personal Health Information (as defined in 45 CFR 160.103) unless specifically requested. When requested, please provide the information only by the method, and in the form and format specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Website
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Website, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Website to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Services to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website. We may also supplement the information (both Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information) we collect from your use of the Website with information collected by third parties, including both publicly available and privately held information. Such third parties may include Dunn & Bradstreet, the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Board, and service providers, such as Google Inc., that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personally Identifiable Information (defined below) from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact and other information from other sources in order to determine your eligibility for commercial insurance products, to provide you with the quote, or contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Website.
How Information May Be Used
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Website or communications with us may personally identify you (“ Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
- your contact information, or that of the officers of your company (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- account passwords for the Website;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as bank account numbers, card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account; and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Website is treated as " Non-Personally Identifiable Information," unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- determine eligibility for certain commercial insurance products;
- provide a quote on insurance costs;
- facilitate your purchase of commercial insurance products;
- create and manage your account;
- provide the Website to you;
- operate our Website, including access management, payment processing, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our Website;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- generate reporting regarding the use of our Website by Users;
- provide you access to, and updates regarding the Services and other related offers via text message;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Website;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights and the rights of other Users against unlawful activity, including identify theft and fraud, and other violations of our Terms of Service;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Website, including secured areas of the Website;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information, and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website, and present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Website with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
How Information May Be Shared
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- a third party insurance company
- third party data providers, background check service providers, state insurance rating bureaus, and government agencies;
- the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Website to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website;
- other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Website;
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- investigating potential unauthorized access or misuse of our Website or other breach of our Terms of Service, Supplemental Terms (as defined below), Website Rules (as defined below) other agreements;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Huckleberry, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Website;
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Website;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers, and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Website; and
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Website.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Website. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Website operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
You may opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts by requesting us to remove you from our direct telemarking list. Please note that opting out from our direct telemarketing contacts does not limit us from contacting you for other purposes, including those contacts that are reasonably necessary to provide you with our Website. If you decide to opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts, allow a reasonable time for us to process your request and do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you encounter any problems with your request. The FTC also maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx. Registering your number with the FTC may also limit our direct marketing contacts to that number.
Updating or Deleting Information
Securing your Information
The security of your information is important to Huckleberry, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Huckleberry cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Website and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Website is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your email or password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Our Website is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any personally identifiable information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
Links to Third Party Websites
Huckleberry Insurances Services, LLC
500 2nd Street, Level 0
San Francisco CA 94107