San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs and several others. We are looking for a creative, experienced Office Manager to join our team in San Francisco. You will serve as the first point of contact for everyone who walks through Huckleberry's doors, keep the office organized and running smoothly, and work with our whole San Francisco team on social and community-building activities.
- Manage day-to-day office administration, including upkeep of conference rooms, equipment, replenishing office supply inventory, and handling miscellaneous issues.
- Ensure the office runs in an efficient and organized manner.
- Proactively keep the kitchen stocked (including stocking snacks) and coordinate with catering to ensure timely on-site meals.
- Find new and creative ways to help the office run more efficiently, act intuitively and anticipate needs.
- Plan and organize social events and activities.
- Manage desk seating; set up new hire desks.
- Plan, order and organize employee swag.
- Receive and distribute mail.
- Be the go-to person for office-related questions and needs.
- Greet and welcome visitors and escort them to the proper conference room (if necessary).
- Ship and receive shipments and packages, as needed.
- Source vendors, oversee projects/operations, and approve invoices.
- Communicate with the landlord regarding building management.
- Provide basic IT assistance and troubleshooting.
- Manage outsourced cleaning vendor.
- Help with onboarding, new hire office tours, and off-boarding processes.
- Assist the CEO and CTO with scheduling and other admin tasks.
- Take on projects outside of the scope of regular tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Minimum one year of experience in office management in a fast-paced, dynamic tech company.
- A passion for creating the ultimate employee experience; you own the office environment.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Impeccable attention to detail and an interest in creating the best office aesthetics.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things get hectic.
- Strong communication skills and follow up; with you, no detail gets lost.
- Google Suite and Slack experience a must.