Marketing Manager - Direct Mail
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs and several others. In this role, you will be focused on making direct mail a cornerstone customer acquisition channel for Huckleberry and will manage an extensive budget for investing in ROI-positive programs. We are looking for an experienced marketer who can build a strategic, growth-oriented direct mail function from scratch.
- Own the direct mail roadmap and define our overall strategy—including data acquisition, audience segmentation, creative testing, customer journey optimization, etc.
- Develop creative and innovative approaches to identifying consumers who are in-market for our services; identify data strategies to reach and engage them.
- Manage our vendor network and identify new areas of opportunity (especially with data vendors).
- Create, own and iterate on a landing page strategy for customers that moves them from seeing an ad to completing a purchase on huckleberry.com.
- Work closely with the engineering and sales teams to ensure that the impact of direct mail initiatives is precisely tracked.
- 4-7 years marketing experience with at least three spent in direct mail marketing (preferably marketing to SMBs).
- Extremely well-organized, meticulous attention to detail, able to multitask, and comfortable working with art and data files.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights and act on them.
- Strong quantitative skills and understanding of direct response media measurement.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing direct mail and solicitations.