Inside Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs and several others. We’re looking for aggressive, ambitious operators that want to kick start their career at a company that is changing the face of an old-school industry. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for startups, strong communication skills and a desire to prove themselves while exceeding revenue goals. This role is designed as the entry point into the company, and our goal is to give you the tools, training, and technical knowledge necessary to advance within our organization. In evaluating candidates, we'll pay close attention to intrinsic skills and growth potential.
As a critical member of the Huckleberry sales team, you’ll be responsible for following up with any sales prospects that have questions by phone / email / instant message and walking them through the process of making a purchase. In addition to your inbound and outbound sales responsibilities, you will work with the sales management team, who will serve as mentors, to develop new leads, identify and develop new sales opportunities and help close business. You will be responsible for forging the expansion of our account base while learning the skills needed to be a successful business development executive and maximizing your personal earnings.
- EXCEPTIONAL interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (great grammar)
- Experience cold calling and emailing preferred
- Willing and capable to dial a large volume of outbound calls and emails
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Passion for working with people and problem solving
- Experience in a sales or customer support role is a distinct advantage
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience - start up experience is a plus!
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You enjoy interacting with others and are a comfortable communicator – you’d hate working in an environment where you didn’t get to interface with an array of different personalities on a daily basis
- You are scrappy with an ownership mindset. We don’t believe in anything being "someone else’s job".
- You have a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. We’re creating a culture with a focus on getting things done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
- You have demonstrated your ability to disarm others in difficult situations and others love working with you.