San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs and several others. We’re looking for talented marketers that are excited about building the first business insurance brand that customers love.
As the first dedicated marketer at Huckleberry, you’ll have primary responsibility for all growth marketing initiatives, and will work closely with the executive, sales and product teams to:
- Develop innovative and creative marketing programs to drive outcomes that scale.
- Collaborate on marketing plans and develop strategic initiatives to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing goals.
- Drive awareness by identifying new tactics and channels to acquire leads.
- Use customer and competitive research to confirm product positioning, messaging and value propositions.
- Define objectives, track progress, measure impact, and use your research to influence how we grow our product and customer base.
- Manage campaigns (paid and unpaid) and design, test, and learn from approaches to refine acquisition channels and optimize conversion funnels.
- Manage agency relationships while identifying when to move to an in-house resource.
- Define KPIs and dashboards to help us measure, optimize, and focus demand generation activities.
- Report on marketing performance with a focus on CAC, ROI and customer growth - adjust channel mix as necessary.
- Use and implement analytics (Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Looker, etc) to monitor and improve campaigns.
- 2+ years of growth marketing experience.
- Proven ability to build innovative programs, run marketing experiments and synthesize results.
- Experience managing Facebook and Google paid advertising campaigns (either in-house or working with an agency).
- Experience executing a high-performing SEO or content marketing strategy from end to end.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up work environment, juggling multiple priorities along with daily demands.
- One or more of start-up, SMB, financial services/fintech or insurance/insuretech experience is a distinct advantage.
This position is perfect for anyone that has worked as part of a larger marketing team and is excited about building that function from scratch inside a startup that is growing like crazy. You have deep knowledge of marketing strategy and advertising channels and a track record of developing best-in-class marketing programs. You’re a creative thinker who is results-driven, enjoys complex problem solving, thrives on owning the process from beginning to end, and loves working with sales teams.